Benefits of Membership
An Annual Membership with Canadian Company of Pilgrims (CCoP) is open to anyone who has walked a pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela, Spain, or has an interest in, or curiosity about, such a journey.
Membership includes some significant benefits:
- Ability to purchase the exclusive Canadian Credencial and badge for all your Camino journeys.
- Receive practical information through personal contact and regular meetings and events delivered through local Chapters in 15 communities across Canada.
- Access to Members Only area of website to view “Members Only” communications like newsletters, podcasts, resources, etc.
- Support two Refugios in Spain that are operated by the UK’s Confraternity of St. James: Refugio Gaucelmo at Rabanal del Camino on the Camino Francés and Albergue San Martín at Miraz on the Camino del Norte. As well, fees help support other worthwhile pilgrim projects in Spain.
- Ability to train and serve as a Hospitalero in pilgrim albergues in Spain and in the Pilgrim Office in Santiago de Compostela.
- Connect to a world-wide network of Camino associations (Spain, UK, USA, South Africa, Ireland, Hungary, France, Germany and more), all of which support and encourage pilgrims and those becoming pilgrims.
- Give back to the Camino by purchasing a Membership annually, thereby supporting Canadian pilgrims in their various journeys.
Annual Membership is only $10 and is valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
If you are not a member and would like to become one, please visit our online Shop.
The Credencial is available to members of CCoP who are walking, cycling or riding (horseback) the Camino. It is not only your proof that you are a pilgrim, but with that, it allows you entry to the albergues along the way.
A record is kept of all credentials issued. This credencial has spaces for 56 sellos (stamps), which should be sufficient room for anyone starting from Saint Jean Pied du Port, Sevilla, Lisbon, or Irun.
Please note that if you are only walking the last 100km or cycling/riding the last 200km, you will require 2 sellos per day.
Each credential is $5 and we will mail it to you within three weeks of your order. If you would like to order a credential, please visit our shop.
The Canadian Company of Pilgrims is happy to be able to provide Canadians on the Camino with a very distinctive badge.
These badges can be sewn onto caps, t-shirts, backpacks and of course your Tilley hats. They are made of a sturdy material that will withstand the rigours and weather of the camino.
This badge is $5 and can be purchased when you purchase your membership, credencial or at any time. If you would like to order a badge, please visit our shop.